Banting and Best Department of Medical Research—a Timeline
The Donnelly Centre traces its roots to the Banting and Best Department of Medical Research (BBDMR), named after Drs. Frederick G. Banting and Charles H. Best, who discovered insulin in 1921 while working with John J. MacLeod, a Professor of Physiology at the University of Toronto. The BBDMR closed on June 30, 2014 and its faculty became appointed to the Donnelly Centre on July 1, 2014.
Click on the arrows in the timeline to learn more about BBDMR.